Do you want to intern with Team Clermont? We are accepting applications for press and radio interns! This internship lasts from May 12-August 5th and can be done either in-person or remotely. Our current roster includes Reptar (Joyful Noise), Sufjan Stevens (Asthmatic Kitty), Matthew E. White (Domino), and José González (Mute Records)!
Please email [email protected] with your resume and a bit about yourself and your music taste. Include any of your favorite labels, bands, or shows by MONDAY, March 30th at 5 PM! This internship is unpaid and does not compensate for travel or lodging.
Bri, JJ, and Shil are on their way to Texas for SXSW! We’ll be checking out a lot of music while we’re in town. If you’d like to meet up with us, or schedule an interview with one of our bands, please reach out via email or phone and we’ll try to make that happen!
Here are the official showcase for our artists! Of course, there will be more bands playing unofficial showcases, and we tried to include those all here! Of course, there’s a lot going on and we might have missed something, so be sure to keep an eye on our Twitter and Facebook feeds for those!
Official SXSW 2015 Showcases:
Tuesday, March 17
8:50 PM Paperhaus (Bungalow)
12:00 AM Five Eight (Valhalla)
Wednesday, March 18
8:00 PM Anthony D’Amato (Holy Mountain)
9:00 PM Ronnie Fauss (The Velveeta Room)
9:00 PM The Deslondes (Holy Mountain Backyard)
10:00 PM Anthony D’Amato (The Velveeta Room)
10:30 PM Son Lux (Red 7 Patio)
11:00 PM Lilly Hiatt (The Velveeta Room)
11:00 PM The Mastersons (Holy Mountain)
12:00 AM White Violet (The Velveeta Room)
12:00 AM Surfer Blood (Lamberts)
1:00 AM Baby Baby (The Majestic)
Thursday, March 19
8:00 PM J Fernandez (Mohawk Outdoor)
8:00 PM Jad Fair (405 Club)
9:40 PM Stranger Cat (405 Club)
10:30 PM J Fernandez (405 Club)
11:00 PM Matthew E. White (Mohawk Outdoor)
11:20 PM Yonatan Gat (405 Club)
11:30 PM Son Lux (Mohawk Indoor)
12:00 AM Austin Lucas (Lucky Lounge)
12:10 AM Reptar (405 Club)
12:45 AM Yip Deceiver (Cheer Up Charlie’s Inside)
1:05 AM Surfer Blood (405 Club)
Friday, March 20
2:00 PM Daniel Romano (Flatstock, Austin Convention Center)
7:00 PM Luther Dickinson (Auditorium Shores Stage Lady Bird Lake)
8:00 PM Della Mae (The Gatsby)
8:00 PM Giant Sand (Continental Club)
9:00 PM Baby Baby (Sledge Hammer)
9:00 PM Jad Fair (The Hideout)
9:00 PM Daniel Romano (Continental Club)
10:00 PM Buxton (Continental Club)
11:00 PM The Deslondes (Continental Club)
11:05 PM Celestial Shore (Hotel Vegas)
12:00 AM Luther Dickinson (Continental Club)
1:00 AM New Madrid (Continental Club)
Saturday, March 21
9:20 PM Steve Earle (Paramount Theatre)
11:00 PM Surfer Blood (Parish)
See ya in Texas!
It was another busy year for Team Clermont! We added Bri Aab, Kelly McClure, and JJ Posway to our team and they helped make 2014 one of the best yet! We’re really excited about all the fantastic music we’ll be sending you in 2015. But, before we say goodbye to this year, we’d like to share our 2014 Top 10 lists. As always, these lists don’t include releases that Team Clermont have promoted. We love those and spend all year telling you about them, and most likely all of our Top 10s would be Team Clermont releases. However, these lists below will give you an idea of the other music that we loved listening to throughout the year! And yeah, Nelson broke the rules but we’ll give him a pass.
Oh, click on the picture to see it move!
1. Wye Oak – Shriek (Merge)
2. Sylvan Esso – Sylvan Esso (Partisan)
3. Augie March – Haven’s Dumb (Dark Satanic/Caroline)
4. Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings – Give The People What They Want_ (Daptone)
5. Courtney Barnett – The Double EP: A Sea of Split Peas (Milk/Marathon Artists/Mom + Pop)
6. Phantom Band – Strange Friend (Chemikal Underground)
7. The War on Drugs – Lost in the Dream (Secretly Canadian)
8. TV on the Radio – Seeds (Harvest)
9. Cymbals Eat Guitars – LOSE (Barsuk)
10. Sun Kil Moon – Benji (Caldo Verde)
(0. PJ Harvey’s Book Announcement)
1. Ava Luna – Electric Balloon (Western Vinyl)
2. St. Vincent – St. Vincent (Loma Vista)
3. Parquet Courts – Sunbathing Animal (What’s Your Rupture?)
4. Wye Oak – Shriek (Merge)
5. Alvvays – Alvvays (Polyvinyl)
6. Grouper – Ruins (Kranky)
7. Protomartyr – Under the Color of Official Right (Hardly Art)
8. TOPS – Picture You Staring (Arbutus)
9. Angel Olsen – Burn Your Fire For No Witness (Jagjaguwar)
10. Mitski – Bury Me At Makeout Creek (Double Double Whammy)
Honorable mentions: Hundred Waters, Cibo Matto, Taylor Swift, Courtney Barnett, White Lung, Warpaint, and Radiator Hospital for helping me to dance in the kitchen and fall in love with shoulder swaying.
1. Sun Kil Moon – Benji (Caldo Verde)
2. Ricky Eat Acid – Three Love Songs (Orchid Tapes)
3. A Sunny Day In Glasgow – Sea When Absent (Lefse)
4. Joyce Manor – Never Hungover Again (Epitaph)
5. Future – Honest (A1/Freebandz/Epic)
6. Arca – Xen (Mute)
7. Run The Jewels – Run The Jewels 2 (Mass Appeal)
8. YG – My Krazy Life (Pu$haz Ink/CTE World/Def Jam)
9. Grouper – Ruins (Kranky)
10. Aphex Twin – Syro (Warp)
Honorable mentions: Ryan Hemsworth, Flying Lotus, Lawrence English, Mitski
1) Perfume Genius – Too Bright (Matador)
2) Beyonce – Beyonce (Columbia)
3) S – Cool Choices (Hardly Art)
4) Tacocat – NVM (Hardly Art)
5) God Help the Girl [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack]
6) Kithkin – Rituals, Trances & Ecstasies for Humans in Face of The Collapse (Pesanta Urfolk)
7) Trust – Joyland (Arts & Crafts)
8) Lykke Li – I Never Learn (LL/Atlantic)
9) Future Islands – Singles (4AD)
10) The Paperhead – Africa Avenue (Trouble In Mind)
1. Kishi Bashi – Lighght (Joyful Noise)
2. Freedom Fry – The Wilder Mile (Caveman Art Society)
3. Ancient Cities – Ancient Cities (s/r)
4. Alt-J – This is All Yours (Infectious / Atlantic)
5. Bahamas – Bahamas is Alfie (Brushfire)
6. Lily & Madeleine – Fumes (Asthmatic Kitty)
7. Sylvan Esso – Sylvan Esso (Partisan)
8. Zammuto – Anchor (Temporary Residence)
9. Wye Oak – Shriek (Merge)
10. Courtney Barnett – The Double EP: A Sea of Split Peas (Milk/Marathon Artists/Mom + Pop)
11. Matthew Squires and the Learning Disorders – Where The Music Goes to Die (s/r)
12. Hozier – Hozier (Columbia)
1. Music Band – Can I Live (Infinity Cat)
2. The Men – Tomorrow’s Hits (Sacred Bones)
3. Bully – Bully EP (Star Time)
4. Alvvays – Alvvays (Polyvinyl)
5. Fear Of Men – Loom (Kanine)
6. TOPS – Picture You Staring (Arbutus)
7. Ought – More Than Any Other Day (Constellation)
8. White Fence – For The Recently Found Innocent (Drag City)
9. Literature – Chorus (Slumberland)
10. Mazes – Wooden Aquarium (FatCat)
Catch you in 2015!
We are excited to announce the return of the Team Clermont Summer Showcase and Prom, as we celebrate 15 years of excellence in radio promotion and PR! This will be the first summer festival since our massive 10th anniversary, and we’re putting together the biggest celebration to date.
Over the July 26-28 weekend two showcases will be held at the Georgia Theatre, headlined by critically acclaimed national act Bear In Heaven (Brooklyn, NY) and psych-pop pioneers The Olivia Tremor Control (Athens, GA.)
We’ll be closing out the weekend with our Prom, to be held at The Melting Point on Saturday night. A favorite among out-of-towners and locals alike, the Prom brings the attendees back to the times of cover bands, questionable outfits, photo booths and punch bowls, without all of the awkwardness of being a teenager.
In addition to these events, we will see the return of our highly competitive “K’s vs W’s Kickball Showdown,” and our first ever Record Fair with vinyl goodies at your perusal from our label partners, individual local vendors and community record store friends.
Three day passes ($25) as well as individual tickets ($10 advance, $12 at door) will be available soon!
Team Clermont has secured a block of rooms at a reduced rate at The Foundry, where The Melting Point is located, so you can sleep stumbling distance from Prom! Be sure to let them know you are with the Team Clermont party to receive the discounted rate when booking.
We’ll be announcing additional artists and few more surprises soon, so stay tuned! Be sure you are following our Twitter and a Facebook fan to follow all the action.
Past performers have included:
Azure Ray, Contra Band (now Bit Brigade,) Bobby Conn, Bottom Of The Hudson, Calvin Johnson, Castanets, Cinemechanica, Danger Mouse, Dark Meat, Deerhunter, Elf Power, Enon, Idaho, King Of Prussia, Ladybug Transistor, Man Man, Megafaun, Modern Skirts, The Mountain Goats, Now It’s Overhead, of Montreal, Pattern Is Movement, Phosphorescent, The Polyphonic Spree, The Radar Bros., The Rosebuds, Songs:Ohia, Starlight Mints, Summer Hymns, Trans Am, Troubled Hubble, John Vanderslice, The Wrens, and many more!
Check out the Team Clermont Summer Mix, brought to you by the Team Clermont press department. We have electro-bros, we have hot broads with ukuleles and guitars, we got beardy dudes from Jersey, pretty boys from Athens, you name it. Free to download and clear to re-post if you’d like. The track listing is below. Happy summer y’all!
Download the Team Clermont Summer Mix!
01. Two Hours Traffic – “Noisemaker”
02. The Streets On Fire – “No One’s Fucking To The Radio”
03. BAMBARA – “Stay Gray”
04. The Flying Change – “Singer”
05. Backseat Dreamer – “Consider”
06. Hamacide – “Broadway Dancers”
07. Elsinore – “Yes Yes Yes”
08. BUSSES – “Stationary”
09. Venice Is Sinking – “Tugboat”
10. The Roadside Graves – “Liv Tyler”
11. Efren – “Stay High”
12. Elk City – “Nine O’Clock In France”
13. Canby – “Rat”
14. Kacey Johansing – “Angel Island”
15. Jen Wood – “Pills”
16. Lille – “Tall Shoulders”
17. The Foxymorons – “Skinny Cow Blues”
18. Son Of The Sun – “The Other Side”
19. Modern Skirts – “Rebecca St. Claire”
Join Team Clermont and Aquarium Drunkard on Friday, June 26th, 2009 for an AthFest party and showcase at Nuçi’s Space in Athens, Georgia! AthFest is an annual music and arts festival held in downtown Athens, Georgia that showcases the Athens area musicians, bands, and artists, as well as those not from Athens. Come hang out, enjoy a beverage, and watch special performances by the Modern Skirts (their only AthFest performance,) Liz Durrett, and Circulatory System (their only AthFest performance.) AthFest wristbands and/or donations to Nuçi’s Space are welcome and encouraged.
Team Clermont & Aquarium Drunkard AthFest Party and Showcase
Friday, June 26th, 2009, 8:30PM @ Nuçi’s Space (396 Oconee Street, Athens, GA 30601, Map)
The Modern Skirts — 10:15PM
(Only Athfest performance.)
Circulatory System — 9:30PM
(Only Athfest performance.)
Liz Durrett — 8:30PM
Nuçi’s Space is a non-profit health and music resource center in Athens, GA. The aim of the organization is to prevent suicide by providing obstacle free treatment for musicians suffering from depression and other such disorders as well as to assist in the emotional, physical and professional well-being of musicians.
Team Clermont is a proud supporter of Nuci’s Space and their
Camp Amped program for budding musicians.